Dentistry involves more than just treating patients; it involves building long-lasting connections with them regarding their oral health. This highlights the significance of the patient-facing module in your dental practice management software.
The quality and effectiveness of your patient relationships are closely tied to the inclusion of engaging and high-quality features in your practice management platform.
In this blog post, we will explore how the complexity faced by your team can impact your patients’ comprehension and involvement.
Focus on being patient-centric
The perceived value of dentistry for your patients is largely influenced by the level of convenience you offer. Complicated and unfriendly systems create additional hurdles between them and your professional expertise.
By eliminating these obstacles and optimizing your patient interface, you can enhance the chances of increasing dental patient experience, acceptance of treatment plans, and overall productivity.
Ultimately, you want your dental practice management software to mirror your commitment to patient care. That starts with a few core qualifying elements within your platform.
How your DSO management platform can stay up to date
1) Patient communication that’s effortless and efficient
During a patient interaction, multiple levels of communication can occur. It begins with a phone call or an online inquiry submitted through your website’s contact form.
Once the patient enters your online or voice environment, you have the chance to create a positive or negative engagement. The information you request or provide will influence the direction of the conversation.
An effective patient experience management software platform will eliminate unnecessary details and encourage a response that fosters loyalty to your services.
This includes straightforward and secure messaging through email, text/SMS, or mail, as well as the ability to conduct safe online patient consultations and refer to specialists through teledentistry.
2) Enhanced convenience with a contactless payment solution
A key part of your online patient portal is promoting contactless options. Beyond forms, a welcome convenience is the option to pay for services digitally.
It might not seem all that innovative given today’s trends toward digital payment solutions but it’s another way make sure that patient convenience (and safety) is prioritized in the post COVID-19 era.
- Provide secure, contactless payment options online via your PM platform and your teledentistry portal.
- Monitor patient spending trends by comparing online transactions to traditional transactions (paper, check, and cash)
- Streamline your patient billing processes by giving patients a faster and easier way to pay while reducing administrative tasks for your business team.
3) Intuitive and conversational appointment reminder tools
Maintaining effective communication with your patients regarding upcoming appointments via dental scheduling software is vital for a smooth production flow. It also ensures consistent and reliable communication channels.
It’s important to note that patients, much like the general public, heavily rely on text communication, often preferring it over voice phone communication. By meeting them where they feel most comfortable connecting, you can significantly enhance engagement with your patients.
- Remind your patients digitally but don’t overwhelm them with too many reminders
- Adapt your reminder messages to include a direct link to reschedule if necessary. Link to your online patient portal where they can select another appointment option (including teledentistry) in real-time according to your schedule openings. Or give them the option of speaking personally with your front-desk.
4) Secure, clickable access to online patient forms
Required forms can create time tension for patients. But you can minimize the time factor substantially by digitizing all of your patient forms.
- Create digital versions of all patient registration forms and health history forms
- Upload them to your designated patient portal where patients can securely access and complete their necessary forms ahead of an appointment – saving them and your team time
Prioritize patient experience by improving your patient-facing tasks
Just as your team benefits from the efficiency and convenience offered by your dental practice management platform, your patients also experience the advantages. When your platform prioritizes the needs of the patients, their relationships with your practice grow stronger.
Consider a cloud-based solution and improve your practice efficiency and patient engagement
A cloud-based solution like Denticon can offer a smoother and easier-to-maintain platform for your dental practice with features like:
- Built-in patient-facing modules (like those previously mentioned)
- Monthly subscription rate that’s predictable
- Data hosted in the cloud that’s remotely and securely accessible
- Savings compared with a “legacy” system can total an average of 40%
Take a moment to delve deeper and recognize the significant potential that comes with upgrading to a cloud-based dental practice management solution.
By making this transition, you can expect improvements in patient care and increased efficiency within your team. Moreover, you’ll have the flexibility to innovate and adapt as dentistry evolves both now and in the future.
If you’re contemplating or ready to update your dental practice management software, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us or request a demo of the Denticon platform today! Let us show you how it can elevate your practice.