Dentistry isn’t only about treating patients. It also involves engaging your patients in a way that creates a lifetime connection around their oral health. That highlights the value of patient-facing module of your dental practice management software.
The quality of your patient relationships can be in direct correlation to the quality - and engagement factors - built into your practice management platform.
If it can be complicated for you and your team…realize how that translates to your patients.
It’s time to be more patient-centric
Your patients will value dentistry to the extent that you remove the barriers to their access. Clunky, non user-friendly systems erect more walls between them and your expertise.
Remove the hurdles…streamline your patient interface…and you’re more likely to increase patient engagement, case acceptance…and production!
Ultimately, you want your dental practice management software to mirror your commitment to patient care. That starts with a few core qualifying elements within your platform.
How your dental practice management platform can reflect a more patient-facing mindset
Patient communication that’s effortless and efficient
Layers of communication can exist within a single patient interaction. It starts with a phone call or an online inquiry via your website’s contact form.
Once they’ve stepped inside your online or voice environment you have an opportunity to engage your patient positively or negatively. The layers of information you request or share will tip the conversation in either direction.
That plus how the information and all that follows is communicated can be a make-or-break point too.
An efficient patient-facing software platform will eliminate the fluff and compel a response that builds a loyalty to your services.
- Simple, secure messaging via email, text/sms, or mail (if preferred)
- Safe, online patient consultations and specialist referrals via teledentistry
Enhanced convenience with a contactless payment solution
A key part of your online patient portal is promoting contactless options. Beyond forms (we’ll cover in a moment) a welcome convenience is the option to pay for services digitally.
It might not seem all that innovative given today’s trends toward digital payment solutions but it’s another way to tip your hat to patient convenience (and safety) in the COVID-19 era.
- Provide secure, contactless payment options online via your PM platform and your teledentistry portal
- Monitor patient spending trends by comparing online transactions to traditional transactions (paper, check, and cash)
- Streamline your patient billing processes by giving patients a faster and easier way to pay while reducing administrative tasks for your business team
Intuitive and conversational appointment reminder tools
Keeping patients in the loop about upcoming appointments is necessary for your production flow. It’s also another way to keep communication flow consistent.
Patients, like the general public, rely significantly on text communication - often more than voice (phone) communication. Meeting them where they like to connect will help increase your engagement with them.
- Remind your patients digitally but don’t overwhelm them with too many reminders
- Adapt your reminder messages to include a direct link to reschedule if necessary. Link to your online patient portal where they can select another appointment option (including teledentistry) in real-time according to your schedule openings. Or give them the option of speaking personally with your front-desk.
Secure, clickable access to online patient forms
Required forms can create time tension for patients. But you can minimize the time factor substantially by digitizing all of your patient forms.
- Create digital versions of all patient registration forms and health history forms
- Upload them to your designated patient portal where patients can securely access and complete their necessary forms ahead of an appointment - saving them and your team time
Prioritize your overall patient experience by improving your patient-facing tasks
Like your team, your patients benefit from the efficiency and convenience of your dental practice management platform. The more patient-facing the better your patient relationships.
Consider a cloud-based solution and improve your practice efficiency and patient engagement…
You might find the cloud solution like Denticon to be a more seamless and low maintenance platform…
- Built-in patient-facing modules (like those previously mentioned)
- Monthly subscription rate that’s predictable
- Data hosted in the cloud that’s remotely and securely accessible
- Savings compared with a “legacy” system can total an average of 40%
It makes sense to look below the surface and see the massive potential of upgrading to a cloud-based dental practice management solution.
Your patient care will likely improve. Your team efficiency will likely increase. And you’ll be able to innovate when necessary as dentistry evolves now and in the future.